Here are five tips to help you prepare your house for the market.
I’m sharing five things you can do to prepare your home for sale. These tips will increase your house’s marketability, decrease its time on the market, and attract strong buyers:
- Curb appeal. The outside of your home is the first thing a buyer sees, so things like trimming the hedges, mowing the lawn, planting flowers, clearing the path, and painting or replacing the front door will make a wonderful first impression.
- Cleaning and decluttering. You need to make your interior appeal to as many buyers as possible. We highly suggest doing a deep cleaning of your house, and this includes the garage. When decluttering, the goal is to ensure you have an open space; buyers need to be able to picture themselves living there, so the fewer personal items the better. Anything you can do to make the buyer’s experience better goes a long way.
- Handyman repairs. It’s always a great idea to have your local handyman make some repairs that could deter a potential buyer. These include patching holes in the walls, painting, fixing leaky faucets, tightening loose door knobs, etc.
- Hire a professional photographer. With buyers turning to online home searches, it’s crucial to hire a professional photographer who can capture the selling points of your property while also telling a beautiful visual story.
- Hire the right Realtor. The right real estate agent will guide you through the complexities of selling your home. They know what it takes to get the house sold in the current market. They’ll call you, negotiate for you, put you first, and make sure you have the best experience. Ensure your agent has the right tools and technology to market your property and a strong network for finding potential buyers. On our team, we do all of this for you and more.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via phone or email if you have further questions about prepping your home for sale or anything concerning real estate. You can also get a free home valuation on our website. This is a significant time in your life, and we want to be there to help you.